Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tomorrow is CD8... not the rollercoaster again!

I have always said, "Il vaut mieux vivre avec des remords qu'avec des regrets." (It is better to live with remorse for what you have done than to live with regret for what you have not.)

So I'm going to see my RE tomorrow and ask to be tested for a variety of things (thyroid antibodies included). I am going to ask to TRY the 0.25 mg of thyroid meds, to see if it makes any difference at all. We may not cycle this month because of it all, but dammit, I have to TRY. I cannot continue to do the same thing, month after month, and expect a different result. Humans are supposed to learn from their mistakes.

I am going to ask for a referral to MTL. I am going to express my concerns (and level of stress) at the moment and I NEED someone to listen.

For today, I have a new light fixture to install in our bathroom and a pile of laundry to do. Oh yeah, and some baddies to kill in my MMORPG. That'll relieve some stress. *nods* Definitely.

Commentathon is done... my total is 59 for the week. My goal had been 50. Not bad. And it was a lot of fun. I added a few more blogs to my sidebar and got to find a bunch of new IF blogs that I hadn't seen before. Well done gang! Gratz to everyone!

7 comments:

Thalia said...

Hmm, am seeing a new potential outlet for bad days at work, have never done MMORPG, now maybe I need to try...

Aurelia said...

Okay, I just figured out what that meant. Silly me...thank goodnenss for google!

And Gil I love Mtl, but does your RE do IVF/ICSI? Just because if OHIP decides to fund it soon, you could do it for free in Ontario. I don't know if you want to stay in the capital or come to T.O. but I know some Docs here will do preliminary work in your hometown and then you only need to be in the big city for 4-5 days for retrievals and transfers.

Just another idea...I am glad you are going to ask some questions of this guy. You're right, you won't have regrets this way, and heck, it might even work!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on totally exceeding your Commentathon goal! Very cool.

Good luck with finding answers. I find that the hardest part - not really knowing what I should and should not do/ worry about/ be tested for...

ultimatejourney said...

I love that quote! Good for you for being proactive about all this. Good luck at your appointment.

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow. I love your quote!

KatieMc said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I find myself homesick for Alaska and it isn't even my home! :-)

Angie said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I love hearing from you! I hope that you get the answers you need AND deserve very soon!