Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A New Decade for the Man I Love

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I deserved someone as wonderful as you.

From the moment we began corresponding almost eight years ago, to the moment I laid eyes on you for the first time, to our wedding day, I always wondered if I was somehow dreaming. If this was real. If there was a bubble about to burst and shatter my happiness. But there is no bubble. This is no dream. This is real, and I have to pinch myself and remind myself that I am so blessed.

Yes, we have seen our share of ups and downs. In our years together, we have seen the fun of spur-of-the moment trips. We have looked at each other, stunned and thrilled (and nervous!), when a turn of events landed your children on our doorstep. We have rejoiced (oddly enough!) when jobs fell through. We have bought a house and made it a home. Our renovations have turned out brilliantly and our garden grows strong, showing its beauty to the world. You have loved me, in spite of my faults, through thick and thin. You have done more than many men would ever have done to give us a child, and I am grateful and humbled. You have dried my tears when I was bereft, and held me when I needed comforting. You have fulfilled my needs and I yours, in so many aspects of our lives. I have had to kiss you goodbye and happily, I got to welcome you home with a similar kiss. You listen to my fears and worries. You take happiness from our successes and you take up the gauntlet when I need relief. You laugh alongside me and you still look at me with desire. How? How you can do that, I'll never know.

Today marks your 40th birthday. I am the luckiest woman in the world to call you mine. I love you. Happy Birthday baby. May all your dreams come true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...I'd say he's pretty lucky too!!!
Happy Birthday and may you spend many more in health and happiness!!
peace
shlomit

ultimatejourney said...

Happy Birthday!

You sound like a strong couple. I hope the future holds many wonderful years to come.

Pam said...

I know it's late but V. wanted to make sure we wished D. a very happy birthday!!!!