Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Little Girl is Growing Up

Name that sound...


"Tinkle tinkle tinkle"





You're right if you guessed a little girl peeing in the toilet!

For the last couple of months, Petite has shown an interest in using the toilet (we don't have a "potty" per se, just a child's seat that fits on the adult toilet seat), and she's been practicing by sitting on the toilet seat, wiping, washing her hands, etc.. As of yesterday morning, she put it all in practice. For the first time, she peed in the toilet! And she did us the pleasure of repeating the act for us again this morning. Yesterday it was just a few little dribbles. Today was a full bladder pee. Both happened right after she woke in the morning and we took her to try.

I'm so proud of her! She's almost 23 months old, and she's well on her way to being toilet-trained. I guess Mommy needs to invest in some pull ups or something. Or maybe I'll take a weekend (after our upcoming camping trip) and just practice with her in underwear only. I must take her shopping for big girl panties.

Like the title says, my little girl is growing up. *wipes a tear* And Mommy is very happy... but a little sad too.

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Congrats on approaching this milestone! Such a big one.

And thanks for bringing Keiko into blogging -- I loved her tribute to you!