Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

High TSH

The last bloodwork results are in. It's the TSH that's high...

My TSH = 5.02
Normal TSH = 0.30–4.70

And somewhere I've read that optimal TSH for pregnancy is under 3.0.

If my TSH is high, it could indicate hypothyroidism, which is something my family physicians all my life have wondered about and often tested for. Before this, my readings came back in the normal range, but usually high within the normal range.

Very interesting indeed. I have the requisition to redo the bloodwork so I'll go this week. I want to get to the bottom of this!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I hope that whatever it is, it's easily "fixable". Hypothyroidism runs in my family, but so far I have tested ok.

Nearlydawn said...

You know that's the same thing that happened to me. My GP said "high normal" my RE said "way to high, let's get you some meds". I take 1 tiny pill in the morning and I feel 100% better overall - you won't believe how much your thyroid messes with your emotions/hormones/energy etc. My hubby can actually tell if I've skipped a couple of days dosage by accident.

Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get this sorted out and it makes a world of difference.

ultimatejourney said...

I hope this is all that stands between you and a positive IVF/ICSI cycle.