Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Clinical Research Study @ McGill

At the clinic where hubby and I went for our IVF, there is a new clinical trial underway. I'm not sure how many Canadians are out there reading my blog, but if perchance you are eligible, it can't hurt to get in touch with them if you're interested in participating.

Here are the details as sent to the local co-ordinator of the Infertility Awareness Association of Canada:

***********************************

My name is Fady Shehata; I am the clinical research coordinator at McGill Reproductive Center, Montreal, Quebec. I have found your email in one of the websites listing fertility support groups in Canada, and I will really appreciate if you can circulate my message around to the group members.

We are actually conducting a clinical research trial at MRC right now and the principal investigator for this study is Dr. Seang Lin Tan (The Chairman of the Department**). The study is about a new method for fertility preservation using vitrification of human oocytes. I am including a link for the flyer with brief information about the eligibility criteria for candidates in this study. Please email me should you be interested in participating in this trial. The link for the flyer is here http://www.mcgillivf.com/qConsole/content/2_0/common/sitemedia/vitstudy.pdf.

I prefer to be contacted by email to discuss the eligibility and any other information.
Thanks.

Fady Fouad Shehata
MB B.Ch /M.Sc.
Clinical Research Coordinator
McGill Reproductive Center
(fady.shehata@muhc.mcgill.ca)


**Gil's note:
Dr. Tan was our RE at McGill and as the head of the department, I know he has a hand in most/all of the cycles at any given time. He's well published and renowned in the field in Canada and I recommend him highly.

2 comments:

Aurelia said...

Gil, I'm guessing this is more for younger women who want to freeze eggs now for later use? Like if they have cancer or some other medical condition, right?

Maybe Mel could put it in the LFCA in case anyone is reading and has that kind of issue?``

Io said...

Darn it! I'm never Canadian when I want to be!
Thanks for putting this out there!