Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

IPS Results

For the clinically minded, here are the details of our IPS results.

AFP level = 10.9 ug/L (0.54 MoM... low)
uE3 level = 2.47 nmol/L (1.02 MoM... normal)
Total hCG level = 28.7 kiu/L (1.45 MoM... high)
NT measurement = 1.7 mm (1.06 MoM... normal)
PAPP-A level = 0.38 iu/L (0.39 MoM... low)

The low AFP, the high hCG and the low PAPP-A give us the 1:75 risk.

I also know that a higher hCG level is frequently present in women who've undergone IVF.

Additionally, my high TSH (thyroid) levels might throw this out of whack. And I've not yet had the OGTT so any blood sugar problems might throw it out of whack too. I'm still worried for Tuesday and until I get these results back, it's going to be really hard to concentrate on doing anything to prepare for Petit's arrival.

For all I know, Tuesday may be the last day I get to see Petit at all... as there is a chance of miscarriage following an amnio. Before that needle goes in, I am going to have a photo of our baby in my hands; it may be the last one I get.

7 comments:

Mick said...

I'm not gonna be one if those people who just say "Everything will be all right," because I know how infuriating that must sound to you. I'm just going to say that I'm thinking about you and sending you positive thoughts. Good luck.

ultimatejourney said...

Thinking of you guys. And FWIW, my hCG was high and I hadn't undergone IVF.

LadyofAvalon56 said...

haven't been online, Gil, but Pam let me know what is going on. Mark and I are praying and thinking wonderfully good thoughts for you. We're hoping that you fall within the multitude of "false positives" that can happen with IPS testing. God bless.

Thalia said...

Sorry to hear your news Gil. I do hope it's nothing. The odds are on your side. I will be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!!

Em
from Australia

Aurelia said...

Well, I am holding onto hope for you and if you need anything, even just a little song and tapdance to distract you, you know what to do.

Keeping everything crossed...

Mo said...

hey gil,

just wanted to say thinking of you and petit. please update when you can.

Mo