Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Memorable Birthday (27w2d)

A quick check of Petit today at the OB's office revealed that all is well.

My weight is down 4.5 lbs, for a total loss of 1.5 lbs over the course of the pregnancy so far. That's superb! My TSH bloodwork came back at 1.3 which is perfect! My fasting glucose came back at 4.7 , and normal fasting is between 3.6 and 6.0, so that's great.

The numbness in my upper thighs is normal and although it may get worse over the next few months, it ought to improve or disappear after Petit arrives.

The baby is active and kicking frequently and the OB is pleased with how things are progressing so far. And my next appointment is on June 11.

Honestly, this is the best way to celebrate my birthday. I'm blessed beyond belief and I could not be more thrilled to finally, at the ripe old age of 39, be expecting our first child. It's my best birthday ever. I am grateful for everything I have and the glimmer of hope that we are experiencing right now.

To my husband: thank you for everything you give to me and for being my rock. I am honoured to be your wife, and I am so happy to be looking forward to welcoming our child into our lives. And yes, the roses are beautiful. I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

BigP's Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!!

So glad to hear the great news!

I'm so sorry about the numbness. I hope it doesn't get any worse over the next few months and clears up after the arrival!!

Keiko Zoll said...

Happy Birthday! What great news that things are progressing well. :)