Pages

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Petit's Shower!

A quick update:

I'm at home visiting my family and loving every moment of it. I was thrilled yesterday to go to my regular hairdresser and finally get a decent cut (thank you Cathy!) and then off we went to have a 'feed' of proper fish and chips, and I personally topped that off with a slice of partridgeberry tart that my aunt made. I LOVE being at home with my family, but I do miss hubby very much. I wish he could have come but right now, we both understand that it's not really feasible.

Anyway, today is the day that Petit gets showered! I'm nervous about that, yanno, being infertile and all. But it's the only chance we'll get to get together as a family and with good friends from home to just enjoy the time together and as my mom says, "It isn't about the gifts. It's about being happy for Gil and her hubby, and celebrating this with her!"

I'll post more details later. For now, I look forward to tonight. Wish me luck!

Thoughts go out to...
Mary and Marc (about whom I made the previous post). Three days after Mary left that lovely card in my mailbox, she and Marc lost their beautiful Newfoundland dog, Hugger. My condolences to them. I know Hugger was a wonderful companion and truly a member of the family. He will be sorely missed.

4 comments:

~*~Bodhi~*~ said...

Oh darlin enjoy every minute of it!!!!

Glad to hear that you're both still doing well, I so look forward to reading updates from you!

xxx

LadyofAvalon56 said...

Oh man, partridgeberry tart. *Drool* Anyway you can mail me a slice? Oh, with some Nestle's Cream to go on top, of course!!!

Any other Newfie yummies in the kitchen? Bakeapples? Crowberries? Gooseberries? Oh and I'm SO jealous over your fish and chips. No one does fish and chips like Newfoundlanders. Did you get dressing with your chips? What about gravy?

Enjoy your shower!

ColourYourWorld said...

I hope you and Petit get spoiled rotten. Enjoy every moment !

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about the shower - enjoy!! Take lots of pictures and have a blast.